Pulled Pork Recipe
In Crock Pot
• 4-6 Oz Black Onyx Chocolate Sugar Or Brown Sugar
• 6 Oz of your Favorite Pork Seasoning mine is Longs Peak Pork Seasoning from Savory Spice
o Salt, garlic, onion, black pepper, shallot, ginger, hickory smoked salt, hickory smoked flavoring, regular mustard powder and crushed brown mustard seed
• 2-4 Oz Red Pepper powder
• 7-8 Lb Pork Shoulder bone in or boneless
• 3-5 Jalapenos sliced
• 1-2 Habaneros small chopped
• 5 Lrg Garlic cloves sliced
• 3 Lrg yellow onions thick sliced
• 4-6 Cups Low Sodium Chicken Stock depending on size of Crock Pot
• 4-6 Cups Water
Combine all dried ingredients in a bowl
Place pork shoulder on a baking sheet and cover all sides with dry seasoning rub and let sit at room temperature for about 1 hour adding more spice where needed
While pork is dry marinating, Chop 3 onions into thick slices and place evenly at the bottom of the crock pot
Thinly slice garlic and jalapenos and place about ½ to 2/3 on top of onions in crock pot
Chop Habaneros removing seeds if wanted
After one hour of dry marinating place pork shoulder on bed of peppers and onions in crock pot.
Add Chicken stock ½ of the way up pork shoulder and then add water to about one inch from top of pork place the remaining jalapenos and habaneros on top of pork. Any remaining seasoning can be added to the stock
Turn crockpot on LOW for 8-10 hours or over night
Remove pork putting it on a large baking sheet remove bone if needed, shred the pork with 2 forks or tongs and a fork
Use a strainer and a heat tolerant bowl, pour the liquid into the bowl straining out the peppers and onions. Chop the onions and peppers into the desired size. Place the pork back into the crockpot adding peppers and onions to desired amount and 2 cups or more of cooking liquid.
Serve on buns or rolls. Also great by itself with no bread
Spinach Pinwheel Canapes
• 2 (10- ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained. If using fresh spinach use 40-ounces of spinach
• 1 cup mayonnaise
• 1 cup sour cream
• 1 (1-ounce) envelope ranch dip mix
• 3 green onions, chopped
• 1 (8-ounce) can water chestnuts, Chopped
• 8 ounces bacon cooked and crumbled
• 10 large flour tortillas
Combine Spinach, mayonnaise, sour cream, ranch dip mix, green onions water chestnuts and bacon. Spread over tortillas. Roll up. Cover with plastic wrap. Chill Over night
To serve, cut roll crosswise into 3/4 – inch slices. Makes 10 dozen.
Cheese Burger Soup
Makes 8 Servings or (2 ¼ quarts)
• ½ lb. ground beef 80/20
• ¾ cup chopped
• ¾ cup shredded carrots
• ¾ cup diced celery
• 1 teaspoon dried basil
• 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
• 4 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
• 3 cups chicken broth
• 4 cups diced and peeled potatoes (1 ¾ lbs.)
• ¼ cup all-purpose flower
• 8 oz. process American cheese (cubed 2 cups)
• 1 ½ cups milk
• ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
• ¼ to ½ teaspoon pepper
• ¼ cup sour cream
In a 3qt. sauce pan, brown beef; drain and set aside. In same saucepan, sauté onions, carrots, celery, basil & parsley in 1 tablespoon butter until veggies are tender, about 10 minutes.
Add broth, potatoes & beef; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover & simmer for about 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Meanwhile, in a small skillet, melt remaining butter. Add flower; cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until bubbly. Add to soup; bring to a boil.
Cook and stir for 2 min. Reduce heat to low. Add cheese, milk, salt & pepper; cook and stir until cheese melts. Remove from heat; blend sour cream.